“The communities of the KVK area have a Centre that they can approach with confidence that will increase their agricultural knowledge and skills, provide the support of critical resources, and enable them to increase their income”.
- Conducting on-farm testing to identify the location specificity of agricultural technologies under various farming systems
- Organizing frontline demonstrations to establish production potential of various crops and enterprises on the farmers’ fields
- Organizing need based training of farmers to update their knowledge and skills in modern agricultural technologies related to technology assessment, refinement and demonstration, and training of extension personnel to orient them in the frontier areas of technology development.
- Creating awareness about improved technologies to larger masses through appropriate extension programmes
- Production and supply of good quality seeds and planting materials, livestock, poultry and fisheries breeds and products and various bio-products to the farming community.
- Work as resource and knowledge centre of agricultural technology for supporting initiatives of public, private and voluntary sector for improving the agricultural economy of the district.